Working within the Product Solution Design team, you will support the IP Delivery Senior Leads in the development of infrastructure solutions that meet and deliver the business requirements for new or existing platforms and devices. More specifically this person will be working on the continual development and design of a central services underpinning platforms
The Key responsibilities include:
• Supporting the Development and Delivery Senior leads to translate business requirements into systems requirements and defining the solution strategy that will deliver them.
• Creating and/or modifying solution documentation, including but not limited to:
o Interface Control Documents
o Application Program Interface Documents
o Architecture Diagrams and Descriptions
o Detailed Sequence Diagrams
• Communicating solution components to internal and external stakeholders for input, comment and approval.
• Assisting in creation of Proof of Concept / Technology Systems, working with internal teams and external vendors
• Detailed data / system analysis where required, and supporting implementation teams as they undertake this work against the solution defined.
• Review and evaluation of vendor solution documentation.
• Support Product Delivery during System Integration and Testing.
• Support Operations teams during system handover.
• On an ad hoc basis review existing or planned solutions to identify and recommend adjustments and improvements.
• Remain across all other solutions within the team to identify synergies and opportunities for reuse.
• Keep abreast of new technologies in the server and storage spaces and share and develop findings with the solution design team.
• Continual review and recommendations for server and storage systems convergence and industry standards.
Key Technical Skills & Experience
Technology related undergraduate degree such as Computer/Information Science, or equivalent demonstrated IT industry experiences.
10+ years of experience in a technical role implementing, developing and maintaining enterprise level platforms within a media industry environment.
Experience in or exposure to the following areas of infrastructure systems
• Requirements capture and analysis.
• Integration & Testing.
• Automation (PowerShell, Python, Automate)
In-depth knowledge in implementation and development of IT and media based systems.
• IPTV and/or OTT solutions.
This is a mix of cloud and traditional storage Recent experience with Akamai, Amazon, Azure is key Secure architecture
• Traditional Storage Systems (HP, EMC, HDS, Arctic Blue, Spectre)
• Software Defined Storage Systems.
• Networking (Cisco)
• Operating Systems (Linux, Windows)
• Identity store (Active Directory)
• Load Balancers & CDN integration
• Enterprise scale web edge services. (Apache, IIS, Nginx, DNS)
• Blade server management, integration and deployment.
• Storage fibre integrations. (Brocade, FCOE)
• DMZ web based architectures.
Knowledge in the integration and deployment of:
• ELK stack.
Elastick stack | Open source monitoring | Cloud infrastructure
• Nagios integration.
• Site scope integration.
• Micro services.
• Object storage.
• Command and Control services.
• Amazon and Azure management and integration.
Experience working in a structured project management environment such as PRINCE2 (exposure to Agile methodologies advantageous)
• Exceptional Written & Verbal
• Creation of technical diagrams
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Advantage to have:
• Experience in some of the following:
o Video Encoding / Transcoding
o IP Video Delivery Networks
o Scheduling / Metadata Systems
o Asset Management
• Digital Media experience some of the following:
o Deployment of Web Systems and Services
o Content Management Systems + Content Delivery Networks
o Streaming Media